Monday, January 18, 2010

REVIEW: Zuvo Water Purator


When I first heard of the Zuvo I felt like I was missing out on something. The reviews that I had personally read were nothing short of fantastic; so I had to see, or taste, for myself.

I personally contacted them to inquire if I could review the Zuvo as part of my “Home Beverage Machine Reviews” right here on the Unconditional Mom blog and I consider myself one lucky Mom!

When I received it I was amazed at the very sleek design. I studied it a little bit and read up on all of the material that was sent along. I couldn’t wait to get it hooked up!

You see, I live in a small town right outside of St. Louis, Missouri and our water is just - bleh! There is no other word to explain it. So like most ‘locals’ I invest in expensive bottled water and attempt to persuade my conscious mind that I’m not filling up landfill, after landfill, with plastic bottles. I’m not what you call a modern environmentally concerned mom, but I don’t want to be a contributing factor to situations if they are preventable.

So, here was my chance to see if I could lay all of that to rest and have quality drinking water to consume. Within a couple of days (not due to the Zuvo) I had the opportunity to put it to the ultimate test!

Be prepared for what you are about to see… this thing is flat out AMAZING!




It’s fascinating just to watch…


I wanted to take a picture so all of you could see what it looks like with the lights off. This is what it looks like while it’s purifying your tap water. Pretty neat, eh?

Technical issues: None. Hooking it up to the sink took less than a minute! Just read the papers that come with it, ahead of time, so you know how to operate it. When you first hook it up make sure you let it run for 5 minutes so it can purify your water to the fullest extent.

Cost:
The cost of a Zuvo? On Amazon.com: $208.93 (currently)
And no plastic bottles!
As their amazing filters last 6-8 months; dependent upon the use.



Now, on to the taste test: I have to tell you I almost forgot that I needed to take a drink as I was so mesmerized just watching it work. However, after I waited the initial 5 minutes of flushing it out, I grabbed a clear glass and let it fill up - the was crystal clear. Something I have never seen coming from my tap in the 4 1/2 years that I have lived here.

I closed my eyes (hey? I’m always a little leery!), took a deep breath and began to take my first sip. The moment it touched my lips my eyes opened as I was in disbelief; it was tasty! Tasty in the sense that it was free of any chemicals whatsoever and absolutely fresh!

On a personal level this made me really excited. As you know I have kidney disease and drinking water is more so imperative for my health than the ‘Average Joe’; we all need to be drinking water. Thanks to Zuvo water that just became a lot less expensive and enjoyable! My kidney’s no longer have to work extra hard flushing out those impurities that are found in bottled water as the Zuvo does it for them and that means a lot to me. Not to mention, that I know when my daughter drinks the Zuvo water there are no ‘nasties’ going into her system… and that makes my heart happy.

Now if you’ll excuse me… I’m going to go get another drink of my new crystal clear water. Kudo’s to Zuvo’s around the world; finally a water purifying system that I can actually SEE working.

Disclaimer: To keep within the FTC guidelines I have to mention that I received a Zuvo Water Purator in order to complete this review. I received no other form of compensation and my opinion remains honest regardless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search Unconditional Mom

ugg boots
Unconditional Mom Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template