Tuesday, January 26, 2010

REVIEW: Joovy.com Toy Caboose & Toy Booster Seat


CABOOSE STAND-ON TANDEM STROLLER

Prior to Christmas, my daughter was the proud owner of over 20 baby dolls. As I’ve admitted she is very spoiled and I have no shame in that whatsoever. With that many baby dolls a little girl has to have the baby doll furniture too boot. We have a stroller, baby bed, bunk baby bed, 2 play yards, a car seat, high chair and a walker.

As mentioned - prior to Christmas she had over 20 baby dolls. Now she is down to 10. Sometimes a mother has to realize that there can be too much of a good thing.

With all of my experience and observation with those aforementioned doll furniture I can tell you, first-hand, just how brutal a little girl of 2, 3 and 4 can be on them. Because of this I have bought those same items again and again. This can get expensive, but we have to have somewhere to put all of those babies!

Since then I have discovered Joovy. Joovy is a company that designs and manufactures strollers for real babies. You know, those ones that actually breathe, poop, pee, burp, etc. So what does this have to do with baby dolls?

Joovy also makes strollers for little girls baby dolls, stuff animals, etc. Yet, not your average, made of cheap plastic, run-of-the-mill strollers. Their toy strollers are made in a real stroller factory - they are literally miniature versions of the real thing!

When we, my daughter & I, received this stroller I can not begin to express just how much in awe I was. I believe the thought that went through my head was, “You’ve got to be kidding me”. The weight of it, alone, immediately told me that this was not some cheaply made stroller that a lot of stores sell. Again, this was the real thing and only a smaller version of it.

It did require some assembly, but it was so easy to accomplish, and no tools required. Alexis, my daughter, was running off to gather some baby dolls from her room by the time I had it all set-up.

Her reaction upon seeing it complete: “Wow, Mommy! It’s so neat!!!”

I had to agree with her - it’s quite impressive. I don’t know that I could talk it up enough. It’s the equivalent of an expensive foreign car in the doll strollers of the world. Every single detail is incredible. They even have a car seat that they sell separately, too match!

The one thing that stands out, outside of the amazing durabilty, is the fact that this stroller actually collapses exactly like a real stroller. Can we say, “Collapse and slide under the bed for storage purposes, please?”
Thank you, Joovy! No, seriously, thank you. You’ve made all other baby doll strollers obsolete in my opinion…and it doesn’t get any more honest than that!

With that said, the Caboose isn’t the only toy that Joovy makes… yes, there’s more!


Introducing the Joovy Toy Booster Seat. Yet again, it’s a miniature of the real thing too! “Joovy has developed the first doll car seat that helps children understand the importance of good passenger safety, without sacrificing play-time fun. Children learn to imitate the role of a caring and responsible parent as they safely secure a favorite doll or stuffed toy into the doll car seat. And parents find that their child is more cooperative about using their own car seat as a result!”

So, not only is it sturdy, but it’s also an educational tool? It certainly is. To give you some insight:
Washable fabric cover removes easily for cleaning


Attaches to vehicle seat using a seat belt or the LATCH car restraint system. Can be easily released for playtime activities



Crash tested Doll Booster Car Seat includes real 5-Point safety harness


5-Point harness is fully adjustable for height and width. Fits dolls or stuffed toys 12 to 20 inches in length


Functional 5-Point harness is fully adjustable for height and width. Fits dolls or stuffed toys from 12 to 20 inches in length


Unit is crash tested for passenger safety

Do children actually like it? Wellll, what if I told you my daughter fell asleep on the floor next to it last night?



And you thought I was kidding! :)

Both of these products have received the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval Award and are on sale with free shipping currently on Joovy.com. The Caboose is on sale for $59.00 and the Booster Seat for $29.00.

Disclosure: Per the FTC regulations and guidelines it is my duty to disclose that I did receive a product, for free, so a review could be completed. Receiving a product for free does not alter my opinion as stated here on Unconditional Mom. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search Unconditional Mom

ugg boots
Unconditional Mom Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template